25 March 2012

Bye Daytona......Hello Thruxton



After a few years with my Daytona, its time to say goodbye. Not that because the bike did not served me well nor not performing as good. In fact the Daytona is one of the sweetest sport bike I have ever had.

I love the light weight and I love the 3 cylinders engine. I also love the look so much that I purely enjoy the bike by staring at it.

However the day will come and had came. I am getting old and chicken out before twisting the throttle and leaning around corners. But my neck problem is the sole reason why I let this lovely bike leave me. My damn neck muscle and degenerated C6/7 disc won't support my body to lean over for a proper riding position anymore.

So, here it comes. A Cafe Racer over track fighter is a good transition before I totally give up riding. Moreover, who don't wanna ride like Steve Mcqueen.

Thruxton is a very gentle bike and also enable me to ride in a different style. Now I call myself a rocker and also trying to act like one. No more furious riding but more in style.

No comments:

Post a Comment